Small-group wildlife & nature tours.
Also visit https://www.learnaboutwildlife.com
Main departure: Brisbane.
Airport or Gold Coast pickup is possible, with surcharge.
See and learn about the wildlife Australia is famous for, and some not so well-known. a deeper understanding of Australian prehistory, current ecosystems, and why it is so different from other regions, while seeking a variety of wildlife from kangaroos and koalas to native bees and butterflies.
Visit forests, wetlands, outback and beaches
Most of our tours head to the Scenic Rim, one of Australia’s most species-rich and scenic regions, with lush forests and mountain views.
We also travel to wetlands and a small island close to Brisbane, some of the Gold Coast’s more natural areas, and way out west to the true outback.
On some tours we also make brief visits to well-run wildlife parks.
We are now introducing more citizen science and conservation volunteer activities into our tours.
Scroll down for day-tours and extended tours
Our regular tours include:
We have recently introduced Mountain Escape for Seniors and Birdwatching for Beginners.
Both are mid-week tours, 3 days and 2 nights. Gentle walking only.
We can also run a variety of fully-customised tours with sufficient advance notice: contact us to discuss
Most tours are suitable for all ages and fitness levels, as with small groups and usually more than one guide available we can be flexible to your needs.
Customized tours can range from a half-day to a week or more, and are usually designed for a group of between four and ten. For extended tours at least one month’s notice is usually required, preferably longer.
Ecotourism and conservation
- We hold advanced eco-certification for all tours we have applied for, and uphold the ideals of eocoutrism (environmentally friendly, nature-based, informative and contributing to the local community).
- Our house and wildlife information centre , plus portable items such as torches (flashlights) and laptops, run on solar power.
- We conserve and restore wildlife habitat on our property, and are leading a project through Wildlife Queensland, planting for wildlife corridors in the Scenic Rim.
- We avoid disposable utensils, travel with large water containers to refill drinking bottles, and recycle as much waste as possible.
- Ecological research is conducted by Ronda Green, PhD, both on the Araucaria property and in other parts of the Scenic Rim.
- We are actively engaged in public education about wildlife and their habitats, largely through Wildlife Queensland and Wildlife Tourism Australia.
- Ronda is currently chair of Wildlife Tourism Australia, a national body with the motto of promoting the sustainable development of a diverse wildlife tourism industry that supports conservation, and of the Scenic Rim branch of Wildlife Queensland.
Wildlife consultancies, educational camps and other products and services
For information on fauna surveys, workshop organizing, visits to schools or other groups, our wildlife information centre and other products and services offered by the Araucaria team, visit our learn-about-wildlife site